So Suzy SAM September release

Hi Stampers!
Today is the 10th of the month, which means today is the reveal of the stamp of the month for September.
What is Stamp of the Month program, you wonder. You can join for 3 months  (1 quarter) or for the whole year. Each month you will receive an EXCLUSIVE stamp that will only be released to Stamp of the Month Club Members.  The theme for 2016 is Coastal and the stamps that will be shipped each month will coordinate with each other, so by the end of the year you will have nice collection of coordinating stamps featuring  the "Coastal" theme.  Each stamp will be shipped out on the 10th of the month, when we'll be revealing the images for that month

Make sure you check the So Suzy blog for all the inspiration for this month. This month's stamp is a beautiful coral image. I combined it with previous stamps along with few turtle and fish stamps that matched the theme and I was able to complete my scene. For my card today I used technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog, which is stamping with Versamark on inked backgrounds. Scroll down for the picture tutorial 



I started with Neenah White 60lb card stock and WPlus9 Nautical navy ink pad. I inked up my panel completely and nicely directly with the ink pad (ink to paper), 


 Once I had my panel, and while it was still wet I stamped my images using Versamark ink pad. The versamark reacts with the inked background and gives something like bleached image. To speed up the drying process I used a heat gun.



I wanted to add some more dimension, so I used white craft ink to stamp more corals, while the ink was still wet i applied some Perfect Pearls, and then heated it up briefly with my heat gun

To finish up my card I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. Next, I trimmed my panel and adhered it to top folding white card base and at the end applied some Glossy Accents.




Comments

~amy~ said…
Such a pretty card!
It's a beauty, Ilina! Great tutorial as well! I haven't used my Perfect Pearls in so long ... Thanks for the reminder to give those a bit of stampy time in the future!
hugs,
~Bev